Monday, February 4, 2013

An orange peanut...for me?!

If you don't understand the title of this post, go watch THIS now.

It's hilarious.

Seriously...go watch it.

Alright...all silliness aside, I'm not much of a sports fan.  You'll never find me hanging out around the house with "the game" on in the background...nor will you ever catch me checking my phone for the latest scores or stats...but there ARE a few sporting events that I truly can appreciate.  I spent a mere three years of my life living in San Antonio, Texas which is responsible for my undying love of brisket and the San Antonio Spurs. <3 I love a good basketball game...I LOVE watching my Spurs specifically (whether in person or on TV), but I also enjoy watching other teams do their thing on the court.  My hubby came up with a grand idea to go see the Air Force Falcons take on San Diego State this weekend at the Academy.  I don't think I've ever been to a college game before...in ANY sport....so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Typically, I'm an NBA fan....I don't follow any college teams...I couldn't even tell you more than about five college team names...but we went, and I truly enjoyed myself!  Patrick "splurged" and got us 3rd row seats, so we had an excellent view of the court and I felt so much more involved in all the excitement!  I was also quite impressed by the obsessed insanity enthusiasm of all the college students...I don't think I saw a single one of them sit down the entire game (no wonder they get their own designated section).


                                                                   I love my hubby <3....He so good to me....

Another sporting event I rather look forward to each year is the superbowl (obviously).  I typically don't enjoy much football, mainly because I've never understood the game (blonde, girly girl)...but last year I asked my sport-minded parents to sit down and give me an official lesson on the game so that I might form some sort of bond with the football-lovers in my life.  After sitting through a few games which my parents recorded, rewinded, paused, and used laser pointers on, I felt I had a pretty good grasp on the sport...enough to at least add my two cents to a football-centered conversation here and there.  I watched a lot of games last season, and just a few this season...so now I feel semi-capable of enjoying the superbowl for more than just the tasty snacks involved!  It also helps that my mom throws a kick-butt superbowl party every year complete with games, prizes and FANTASTIC foodage.  Pretty sure I gained about 12 lbs yesterday in game munchies alone...but it was worth it.  One snack in particular just made my day (however rather ruined my night....holy heartburn, batman!).  Bacon-wrapped sweet and spicy jalapeno poppers (is what I shall call them).  I'll have to make them sometime soon and post some pics.  Pretty sure this would take me to another level of awesomeness in my office if I brought them to the next potluck....*yesssssss*



                                               Proud moment of the evening - I totally called the final point spread :D




No comments:

Post a Comment