Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Friday!

Fridays rock.  I tend to be pretty busy at work on Fridays, but today is uncharacteristically relaxed.  My fellow employees and I just emptied our 5th pot of coffee for the morning (usually we down about 2), so I guess that's the sign of a hard-worked week.  With little to do around the office, I've been texting the hubby back and forth about weekend plans...we've come up with a few fun things to keep us happily occupied, making the most of our time off.  I can't wait to clock out. :)

Last night I made my Brown Sugar Basalmic Glazed Pork Loin with Oven Roasted Broccoli.  It....was...awesome!  My house still smells fantastic after slow-cooking that tenderloin for 9 hours yesterday...I'm so glad I have leftovers for lunch today!  *stomach grumbles*





Brown Sugar Basalmic Glazed Pork Loin


Ingredients:
2 lb boneless pork tenderloin
1 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water








Combine salt, pepper, sage and garlic and rub over pork.  Place in a crockpot with 1/2 cup water and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (I did 9-10 because I was at work forever....no worries)











Glaze Ingredients 
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup basalmic vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce




During last hour of cooking, combine ingredients for glaze and heat in small saucepan until thickened. Brush over pork 3 or 4 times during the last hour and serve with remaining glaze on the side.











Um.....yum!













I also made this Oven Roasted Broccoli to go with it.  I have NEVER had such scrumptious broccoli in my life!  What a fantastic recipe...I want all my veggies like this!

                                                                      Oven Roasted Broccoli




Ingredients:
1 lb broccoli (cut, washed and dried THOROUGHLY)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp ginger paste
salt to taste



Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.  Mix all spices together with olive oil in large bowl then toss broccoli florets in the mixture until coated evenly.  Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread broccoli out in a single layer over the sheet.  Roast for 10 minutes, stir, then stick it back in for another 10 minutes (or until broccoli is slightly crispy and browning on the edges)



















And for dessert....check out my new favorite brownies.  Double chocolate cheesecake brownies.  Fantastic. (be jealous)


Bowl-Licking Goodness!












1 comment:

  1. It, indeed, looks delicious. I will try this on your recommendation. I happen to have a pork loin in the freezer. Thanks, Megan.

    ReplyDelete