Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I wanna be a blogger

I love blogs.  I love reading about other peoples' day-to-day lives, learning from their experiences, and seeing the world through their eyes via photo albums and story-like posts.  Following along while another human being recounts their tale with passion and purpose, regardless of whether or not the world would deem it "interesting" or "exciting", inspires me to join in and record my own experiences.  Blogging seems to me like a way to celebrate life - a medium with which to express appreciation and contentment with the place God has for you right now.  It enables you to stop and dwell on the little things in life that you may otherwise pass over as you rush through this crazy world.

I'm ashamed to say, this is my third time attempting to start a blog...(third time's the charm, right?)...so I'm really hoping this one will stick.  I think the biggest reason for my blogging failure in the past was my embarrassment to share my life online.  It's not like I had anything specific going on that I was embarrassed to talk about....it was more like I was embarrassed of the fact that I had absolutely nothing TO talk about.  Who wants to read bi-weekly updates on a life like mine?  And how much more embarrassed will I be when absolutely NO ONE follows me?  I just have to get over that and say WHO CARES?  I don't read the blogs that I read because the people writing them have these incredible, extraordinary lives that could be written into next summer's big blockbuster....I read them because of the enthusiasm behind each and every post, each and every picture, each and every recipe shared or craft taught.  I read them because the authors convey this supernatural peace and contentment with the life which they were given, and they find joy in even the tiniest, most "normal" moments in their everyday world.  I want a perspective like that.  I'm only in my early twenties, but I'm already terrified that my life is going to fly by without me.  I want to learn to appreciate and savor every moment of my life...and not only that, but I want to begin making a conscious effort to open my sleepy eyes and seek out the experiences available for the taking.  I know that God has a plan for my life, but that doesn't mean I should just sit around on my sofa waiting for some celestial itinerary to fall in my lap.  I believe that God places opportunities in our paths and passions in our hearts, but we have to actually get up and take some action in order to take part in His plan.  Now I know my life still may never be some super thrilling mega-adventure....but like I said, it's all perspective.  I choose to seek out the treasures and truly enjoy my life.

Whew...I really didn't mean to rant so much.  Guess I never know how strongly I feel about a subject until I let it all out on a keyboard.  Anyway, I don't mean for this blog to be super serious....or long-winded...so maybe I'll close here and leave the rest of my thoughts for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to bloggerland, Megan. I shall bookmark you under my daily reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Christine! I'm honored to have my very first daily reader :)

      Delete
  2. "I believe that God places opportunities in our paths and passions in our hearts, but we have to actually get up and take some action in order to take part in His plan."

    Yes! I agree. And blogging really does help me remember and do, I think, and force myself to evaluate how I spend my days. "How we spend our days is, after all, how we spend our lives," said Annie Dillard. This helps me keep perspective when I also realize that blogging can be very narcissistic!

    Anyway. Way to go, starting a blog! And good luck in the giveaway. :-) I'm trying not to eat it myself!

    ReplyDelete