Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm in love with Pinterest

Pinterest is amazing. If any of you have not yet discovered this fantastic gift to mankind, please stop reading this now, go get yourself a Pinterest account and start living like you've never lived before!   **HERE'S THE LINK!!!  CLICK IT NOW....DO IT!!!...see, I just did the hard work for you...now you have NO excuses**    I used to thumb through magazine after magazine if I ever needed a cute decorating idea or wanted to bake a neat recipe for a potluck...but now I have dear,sweet Pinterest so I'll never have to touch a magazine again! When I was planning my wedding, I chopped up dozens of bridal books trying to save clipping of ideas...I just BARELY missed out on the Pinterest wedding phenomenon. Dang it. Ah well, now I'll just use it to feed my hubby and find cute crochet patterns for baby clothes to give other people's future children.

Like this monkey hat and matching booties!  So proud...
I've been trying to be a better wifey lately by actually cooking my husband a variety of home cooked meals rather than just serving up the same ol' Hamburger Helper or baked chicken and green beans (not that I get any complaints...that just means poor Patrick has come to expect the mediocre out of me :P). Usually, I'd blame my lack of culinary oomph on the fact that I'm too pooped after work to serve up anything that requires effort for dinner...but really that's not it....it's really not that hard to stir up some stuff and stick it in the oven. It's more the fact that preparing a meal requires too much premeditation and planning...and to be honest, I just forget most of the time. We grocery shop every Sunday, and it's a RARE occasion that I've actually thought about a meal before we step foot in the store. Usually I just scramble to come up with any of the super easy recipes I know by heart (aka: tacos, spaghetti, jambalaya) and I grab those ingredients and split. Pinterest has changed this aspect of my life. Throughout the week, I'm constantly pinning random recipes I'd like to try...so when I get to the grocery store and draw a blank on what to make, I just pull up my food board and choose a new recipe to try! I've already filtered out the yucky recipes, so I know I'm up for anything on this board. Piece of cake!  The past couple weeks all my dinners have been Pinterest recipes. Here are some of the ones I've taken a stab at...

Lemon Garlic Chicken



Orange Chicken with Asparagus
 


CrockPot Mexican Chicken
(this one was AMAZING)


Stove Top "Roasted" Red Potatoes
(also AMAZING)

I truly intended to take my own pictures of each of these dishes....but I completely fail at multitasking (can't stir the pot and snap a picture all at the same time :P).  I promise I'll try and do better in the future.  Here's my one attempt at a snapshot of the orange chicken with asparagus and it turned out looking rather nasty (it was delish, I promise!!)



On the menu for tomorrow (since I completely failed at remembering to stick it in the crock pot today) is a delicious Brown Sugar Basalmic Glaze Pork Tenderloin with Oven Roasted Broccoli.....yummmmmm.  I promise I'll try harder to actually snap some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment